Thank you for visiting the Web site of the Pennsylvania Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (PASFAA). PASFAA uses electronic information to contact its members and other interested parties to provide information on national events related to the administration of financial aid as well as information on PASFAA events, services, and products. This notice explains PASFAA's information practices and how your information is collected and used on PASFAA's web site and elsewhere.
All content on this web site is for the personal use of PASFAA members and the public. Any commercial use or publication is strictly prohibited. PASFAA does not assume responsibility for or endorse the content of any other web site page reached via a link displayed here.
- Information We Collect: PASFAA may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, mailing address and email address as part of your member profile. If you make a purchase (membership, event registration, or other purchase), and it involves a credit card transaction, that payment will take place through a third-party payment processor who would collect payment information. No specific credit card information is collected or retained on the PASFAA website. We do not send promotional emails, but you may receive service related emails regarding your account of information specific to the association. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt our of them by contacting the association support email address or updating your member profile.
- How We Use Your Information: PASFAA uses the collected information to operate and maintain the organization membership functionality. Your IP address is used only to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- How We Share Your Information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: PASFAA will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. Information may be stored on servers co-located with hosting providers. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available, such as posting comments on a blog page or newsletter article, will be available to others. If you request to remove information that you have made public, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or the site, or in locations where other users may have copied or saved that information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: PASFAA may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages, number of clicks, etc.) with potential advertisers, to help them understand the usage patterns for the website.
- Storage and Processing: Information collected by PASFAA is stored and handled in the United States.
- How We Protect Your Information: PASFAA is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted on the website, or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter information, such as log in credentials, on our registration forms, the data is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. There is no guarantee of absolute security.
Visitors can view the PASFAA home page and many other Web pages without disclosing any personal information. Web site visitors who have PASFAA member benefits can access protected content by logging in to their member account. Passwords are provided either at the request of the member organization to which the visitor belongs or at the request of the individual.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
PASFAA collects personally identifiable information that non-member visitors may volunteer in the course of completing business transactions, including the purchase of products & services. It also collects personally identifiable information submitted by a member organization on its membership form or annual update about its employees who are entitled to receive member benefits. This information contains directory information about individuals employed by a member organization, and information about an individual's participation in certain PASFAA activities.
Personally identifiable information of individuals who have member benefits may be included in directories or other lists available to other persons having member benefits. Such directories are considered member benefits and a condition of using our service. Users may opt out of directory listing by logging into their member account and so indicating.
If PASFAA has personal data about you, the association will provide you with a readable copy of your data at no cost. To protect your privacy and security, PASFAA also will take reasonable steps to verify your identify before making corrections or releasing your information for review. Factual errors in your personally identifiable information, including out-of-date information, can be corrected by sending us a request or updating your information online. Individuals can review their personal information in the PASFAA database by logging into their user account.
Information contained in the membership database may on occasion be rented to other organizations for postal mailings. email addresses are never rented or provided to others. List purchasers must sign an agreement restricting the use of the mailing list information. Additional information and a copy of the mailing list rental agreement are available by contacting Membership Services.
PASFAA uses the information provided by individuals when using our online services to complete specific service transactions. For meeting registrations, a list of attendee names and addresses may be made available to meeting attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors; no other information is shared with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that registration.
For email correspondence not collected via online services on PASFAA's Web site, the association routinely uses the return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Opting Out of Communication
PASFAA distributes several classes of communications that are considered member benefits and a condition of using our service. To unsubscribe from these, users should update their member profile or request the primary contact at the institution or organization to remove the member benefit from their account.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
PASFAA never collects or maintains information at its Web site from persons known to be under age 13 without permission from a parent or other guardian.
All members' addresses both postal and electronic are privileged information and are not sold to outside entities. This information is only available to the membership for Association business.
Since electronic communications are the primary vehicle for contacting the membership, individuals are urged to always maintain an accurate email address in the Association's database. Members may update their demographic information by accessing the Membership area of the PASFAA webpage.
PASFAA utilizes electronic balloting for Association elections. Privacy standards are in place to ensure the confidentiality of voters' choices.
From time to time, PASFAA surveys the membership for feedback regarding training needs, conference preferences, and other Association activities and projects. The identities of individual respondents are protected in order to guarantee confidentiality.
Expectations of Members
Although there are many public areas of the PASFAA website, there are sections dedicated exclusively to members. PASFAA members are expected to respect the privacy of limited access areas of the website by not sharing their user name or password with others.
Links to Other Internet Sites
PASFAA is not responsible for the privacy guidelines of internet sites which may be linked through the PASFAA webpage. Refer to the individual site's policy statement on privacy standards.
If you have questions regarding PASFAA or this privacy statement, contact the current PASFAA President for additional information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
PASFAA reserves the right to change this privacy notice, effective when it is re-posted to the PASFAA Web site.
Questions or Comments About this Privacy Notice
If you have additional questions or concerns about this privacy notice, including implementation and administration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.